Monday 1 October 2012

Plan of Attack!

So for the last year and a half I have been going through the alfred Adult piano book 1. I actually progressed pretty fast through it. I did enjoy most of it but after a while I realised that I was just memorizing the pieces and not really sight reading.

I now have changed my plan and will start from a more traditional basic beginning. I will form my progress around the ABRSM grades. Start from grade 1 and learn the scales, arpeggios and exam pieces before moving on. I had wanted to race on before but I have realised through research and personal experience that the human brain needs to be 'programmed in'.  Doing scales slowly. Learn pieces slowly whilst reading the music. The brain will naturally soak it in and it will become second nature. I hope.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add comments here......